Customers who are searching for a high-quality combination fire safe will want to take a look at the SentrySafe SFW123DSB. This version is the one that includes the combo lock, but there is also a version with an electronic lock which is comparably priced. Let’s check out the features and reviews!
SentrySafe SFW123DSB Features
- As a fire safe, the SentrySafe SFW123DSB has been certified by UL and ETL to provide up to an hour of fire protection. For whatever reason, the product description fails to mention what internal temperature the safe maintains, so this is a question you would want to ask before you purchase it.
- The SFW123DSB also provides you with some degree of water protection. While the safe is not entirely waterproof, it can sit in up to 8 inches of water for up to 24 hours.
- This safe has been subjected to impact tests as well. It has been dropped 15 feet in testing and has remained locked with the contents intact.
- This version of the safe includes a pry-resistant hinge bar and a dual-combination lock and key. The four 1-inch bars are 60% larger than those included in most traditional safes.
- A bolt-down kit comes with the SFW123DSB so that you can easily bolt it to your floor.
- Other features include a key rack, door pocket, and door tray you can use to store small items. There is also a shelf which you can position inside in one of several different slots. This makes it easy to customize the interior to fit whatever you need inside.
What Are Customers Saying About the SentrySafe SFW123DSB?
Buyers who purchased the SentrySafe SFW123DSB state that they love the sturdy construction, and that the key and combination locks are great. The safe comes with a combination already assigned, which cannot be changed, so it is vital not to lose it. You need to use both the combination and the key to get it open. While electronic locks have their advantages, a lot of people find them finicky, and prefer this more traditional setup. The interior of the safe provides plenty of space, and the door pocket and hooks are handy. Any drawbacks? The safe does not come with pre-drilled holes to mount it to the floor, so if you want to bolt it down, you actually have to void the water protection it provides.
The SentrySafe SFW123DSB is not a flawless safe; the fact that drilling holes in it voids the water protection and the applicable portion of the warranty is quite silly. For all other purposes, though, it is a highly functional and useful safe. It offers a great deal of convenience and flexibility, and is the perfect choice if you want a combination lock. If you don’t, definitely check out the version with the electronic lock!